Airplanes allow you to travel around the globe. Whether flying a plane or traveling on one, read the funniest airplane jokes for a good laugh.
The first flight dates back to 1903. It was a 12-second flight by the Wright brothers.
Today, air travel is a part of life. Planes play a significant role in economic and social benefits.
The Federal Aviation Administration handles an average of 45,000 flights per day.
So, remember the following airplane jokes the next time you travel by plane.
They’re excellent for waiting in the airport, on a flight, or with travelers.
Funny airplane jokes
1. What happens when you wear a watch on an airplane?
2. What do you get when you cross an airplane with a magician?
A flying sorcerer.
3. What did one aircraft propeller say to the other?
Avoid getting all wound up over nothing.
4. What didn’t the couple talk about their addiction to airplane jokes?
It’s a soar subject.
5. How cool is air travel?
It’s plane awesome.
6. What happens when you sue an airport for losing your luggage?
You lose your case.
7. What sound does an airplane make when it hits the ground?
8. Why did the aspiring pilot fail the aviation exam?
They were winging it.
9. Where do mountain climbers keep their airplanes?
In a cliff-hangar.
10. I threw my phone out the window, and it broke.
I guess airplane mode doesn’t work.
11. What do airplanes do in the sky?
They run air.
12. What kind of bagels can you find at airports?
13. Why did the student study in an airplane?
To get higher grades.
14. How do rabbits travel?
15. Who invented the first airplanes that couldn’t fly?
The Wrong Brothers.
16. Why shouldn’t you eat airline food when flying to Germany?
It’s the wurst.
17. What’s the difference between a co-pilot and a jet engine?
The jet engine stops whining when the plane shuts down.
18. Why can’t spiders become pilots?
They only know how to tailspin.
19. Did you hear about the airline that received faulty planes?
They were Delta bad hand.
20. What makes people dislike flight attendants so quickly?
To save time later.
21. How often does an airplane crash?
22. Why do high school students go on airplanes after graduating?
To get a higher education.
23. Two wrongs don’t make a right. But what do two Wrights make?
24. Why do Stormtroopers make excellent pilots?
They never hit anything.
25. Why did the pilot hang car fresheners in the plane?
They help with descent.
26. Why can’t you hide in an airport?
You’ll be in plane sight.
27. What’s the name of the condition where you’re sick of going to the airport?
28. Did you hear about the pilot who flew through a rainbow during their pilot exam?
They passed with flying colors.
29. What has a nose and flies but can’t smell?
30. What do pilots say when people ask if they like their job?
It has its ups and downs.
31. What do you call a plane full of tired pilots?
32. What’s a pilot’s favorite day?
33. What happens to bad airplane jokes?
They never land.
34. Give a man a plane ticket, and he’ll fly for a day.
Push a man out of a plane, and he’ll fly for the rest of his life.
35. What do you call a small crack in an airplane?
An airline fracture.
36. Why don’t airplane designs change?
No one wants to make a groundbreaking design.
37. I don’t find airplane jokes funny.
They’re really Boeing.
38. Why did the airplane get sent to its room?
39. What did the pilot say after a rough landing?
Sorry, but it wasn’t my fault. It was asphalt.
40. Why do pilots feel insecure?
Their jobs are up in the air.
41. Why don’t protons bring carry-on bags?
They travel light.
42. I’m working on a show about airplanes.
We’re filming the pilot.
43. What happened when the child opened a window on an airplane?
They had their head in the clouds.
44. The propeller is a big fan that keeps the pilot cool.
You’ll see the pilot sweating when it stops.
45. What’s the deal with airline food?
I’m not kidding. It’s so plane.
46. Why are pilots are to find?
They’re always in disguise.
47. Why couldn’t the news reporter deliver the news?
They went on-air.
48. I was going to share airplane jokes.
But, they’ll go over your head.
49. Are you a pilot?
You look pretty fly to me.
50. What’s the difference between an optimist and a pessimist?
An optimist created the airplane, and a pessimist created seatbelts.
51. What’s the difference between God and an airline pilot?
God doesn’t think he’s an airline pilot.
52. What did the athlete say to the flight attendant?
Put me in coach.
53. Is flying easy?
It’s plane and simple.
54. How do you know a date with a pilot is half over?
They say, “Enough about flying. Let’s talk about me.”
55. What do you call an airplane that flies backwards?
A receding airline.
56. Where are the Great Plains?
At the great airports.
57. I asked a flight attendant to move seats due to a crying baby next to me.
It turns out you can’t do that if the baby is yours.
58. Why did the librarian get kicked off the plane?
It was overbooked.
59. Yes, geology rocks.
But aviation is really fly.
60. Every flight from John Lennon Airport was cancelled.
Imagine all the people.
61. Why didn’t the Jewish pilot land at the airport?
It was Passover.
62. Why won’t invisible airplanes become a reality?
I just can’t see them taking off.
63. What kind of t-shirts do pilots wear?
A plane white t-shirt.
64. What’s the difference between a pilot and a pepperoni pizza?
A pepperoni pizza can feed a family of four.
65. How will you know if there’s a pilot in the room?
They’ll tell you.
66. Why do pilots put on pads and helmets during the descent?
It’s their landing gear.
67. What do you call it when a giraffe swallows a toy airplane?
A plane in the neck.
68. What do you call a movie where pilots fight to take off?
The Hanger Games.
69. Why shouldn’t you take a picture of a plane landing?
You’ll get arrested for in-descent exposure.
70. I was banned from the airport.
Apparently, they don’t like it when you call shotgun while boarding.
71. Did you know Miami International Airport disappeared?
It went MIA.
72. Why did the unhappy pilot quit their job?
Flying was the plane of their existence.
73. Why shouldn’t you get on a plane with a Dutch pilot?
74. What did Yoda say when a passenger asked if the plane was going in the right direction?
Off course, we are.
75. What’s the difference between Game of Thrones and United Airlines?
One has dragons, and the other has drag-offs.
Related: Why do dragons sleep during the day?
76. How do you tell someone you fell in love with them on an airplane?
You’ve hijacked my heart.
77. What do airplanes do when they’re upset?
78. Why do airplane builders love their job?
79. How do bears travel?
80. Did you know I can fly from Seattle to Miami in 60 seconds?
I even called the airline and asked how long it would take. They said, “Just a minute.”
81. Why won’t airlines hire Peter Pan?
He’ll never land.
82. Jokes about United Airlines must stop.
They’re being dragged out.
83. Did you hear about the new TV show about airplanes?
The pilot was horrible.
84. What did Pikachu say after the flight?
85. Why don’t you have to worry about space on an airplane?
There’s plane-ty of room.
86. Why did the kids get in trouble on a flight?
They were plane around.
87. What’s it like traveling on a flying carpet?
A rugged experience.
88. How do you make an airplane blush?
Give it a wing.
89. Why do flight attendants make great astronauts?
They know how to take up space.
90. Why wasn’t the board game allowed through security?
The risk was too big.
91. I started a business selling airplanes.
It’s starting to take off.
92. What kind of shoes do airplanes wear?
93. How do you know if an airplane’s going to fly?
Airs only one way to find out.
94. Why doesn’t Red Bull need to travel in an airplane?
It already has wings.
95. The flight to Italy is so long.
Venice it going to end.
96. What kind of sickness did the airplane have?
97. I decided to leave work early today.
The flight attendants were freaking out when I grabbed my parachute.
98. Why did everyone scream when I held the door open?
We were on a plane.
99. Did you hear about the pilot who always does well in interviews?
They were great at landing the job.
100. What do you call the Swiss president’s airplane?
101. How does Cupid travel?
102. What do you call a tiny airplane?
103. My parents kept pushing me to make paper airplanes.
Eventually, I folded.
104. What do people say near the end of aviation school?
Wow, class has really flown by.
105. What do you get when you cross an airplane with a snake?
A Boeing constrictor.
106. What do you call a plane that can’t take off?
An error plane.
107. What’s the difference between a co-pilot and a goose?
A goose knows how to fly.
Related: The Funniest Baseball Puns
Featured image by David Em/Humor Living.
David Em is the founder of Humor Living. He launched Humor Living to create a destination for you to visit anytime you need a laugh. Whether you’re looking for jokes, puns, memes, or funny stories, Humor Living is the place to be.