Space is everything beyond Earth. There’s beauty, mystery, and never-ending learning about it. If you’re ready to laugh, read funny space quotes.
Outer space is incredible. Earth’s solar system is one of the thousands in the Milky Way galaxy.
The expanding universe is awe-inspiring. There’s little matter, low pressure, and sound doesn’t carry.
Exploring space leads to life-changing knowledge and innovation. It also brings funny moments and sayings.
Whether learning or passionate about it, read funny space quotes for a good laugh.
Related: Funny Periodic Table Puns
Hilarious space quotes
1. “Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn’t come here. Well, it can’t hide forever – one day we will overhear it.” -Arthur C. Clarke
2. “After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say ‘I want to see the manager.'” -William S. Burroughs
3. “I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact.” -Elon Musk
4. “If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?” -Steven Wright
5. “The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.” -Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
6. “I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth.” -Unknown
7. “I’m a huge fan of space. Both outer and personal.” Unknown
8. “Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.” -Albert Einstein
9. “Let’s face it, space is a risky business. I always considered every launch a barely controlled explosion.” -Aaron Cohen
10. “Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” -Paul Brandt
11. “Space is big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the drug store, but that’s just peanuts to space.” -Douglas Adams
12. “Perhaps when distant people on other planets pick up some wavelength of ours all they hear is a continuous scream.” -Iris Murdoch
13. “On Earth, men are seen as superior because of their physical strength, but it means nothing in space, where there is no gravity.” -Yi So-Yeon
14. “It’s a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one’s safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government contract.” -Alan Shepard
15. “The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
16. “Stars, everywhere. So many stars that I could not for the life me understand how the sky could contain them all yet be so black.” -Peter Watts
17. “I was afraid that science-fiction buffs and everybody would say things like, ‘You know, there’s no sound in outer space.'” -George Lucas
18. “The universe is a pretty big place. If it’s just us, seems like an awful waste of space.” -Carl Sagan
19. “I know the sky is not the limit because there are footprints on the moon — and I made some of them!” -Buzz Aldrin
20. “Space isn’t remote at all. It’s only an hour’s drive away if your car could go straight upwards.” -Fred Hoyle
21. “If the government is covering up knowledge of aliens, they are doing a better job of it than they do at anything else.” -Stephen Hawking
22. “Space exploration promised us alien life, lucrative planetary mining, and fabulous lunar colonies. News flash, ladies and gents: Space is nearly empty. It’s a sterile vacuum, filled mostly with the junk we put up there.” -Graham Hawkes
23. “It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” -Neil Armstrong
24. “Mars has been flown by, orbited, smacked into, radar examined, and rocketed onto, as well as bounced upon, rolled over, shoveled, drilled into, baked and even blasted. Still to come: Mars being stepped on.” -Buzz Aldrin
25. “It’s a fixer-upper of a planet but we could make it work.” -Elon Musk
26. “NASA’s next urgent mission should be to send good poets into space so they can describe what it’s really like.” -Shannon Hale
27. “Earth is a small town with many neighborhoods in a very big universe.” -Ron Garan
28. “I don’t know what you could say about a day in which you have seen four beautiful sunsets.” -John Glenn
29. “Without Jupiter cleaning out the early solar system, the Earth would be pock-marked with meteor collisions. We would suffer from asteroid impacts every day. CNN studios would probably be a gigantic crater it if wasn’t for Jupiter.” -Michio Kaku
30. “We really just didn’t realize the diversity of planetary types in our solar system. Pluto looked like a misfit because it was the only one we saw. And just as a Chihuahua is still a dog, these ice dwarfs are still planetary bodies. They’re large enough to make themselves round by self gravity, and they surely pass the test of planethood.” -Alan Stern
31. “I said that if an alien came to visit, I’d be embarrassed to tell them that we fight wars to pull fossil fuels out of the ground to run our transportation. They’d be like, ‘What?'” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
32. “We’re in the space exploration business, and the outer solar system is a wild, wooly place. We haven’t explored it very well.” -Alan Stern
Related: The Funniest Axe Puns
Featured image by David Em/Humor Living.
David Em is the founder of Humor Living. He launched Humor Living to create a destination for you to visit anytime you need a laugh. Whether you’re looking for jokes, puns, memes, or funny stories, Humor Living is the place to be.